This is a new service - your feedback will help us to improve it.

Animal licensing

Find out what animal licences are available, how to apply and how much they cost

Some animal licences are issued and regulated by Walsall Council. For movement of animals, such as pigs, deer or sheep, you can find the information you need on the  DEFRA website.

Places that breed, sell, care for, hire out or exhibit animals may require a licence.

A licence is not required to keep chickens or poultry as pets or to produce eggs for your household.

Vet fees

Some licence applications will need an inspection by a vet. The cost of the inspection will be invoiced to you by the council. Once you have received the invoice you can pay it using our online payment service. If you don't pay the invoice, it may mean the licence will not be issued to you. If a licence has already been issued, then it may lead to the licence being suspended or revoked.

Contact information

Before contacting us, please check to see if we can answer your question from our online information.

Write to us:

Environmental Health, Civic Centre, Darwall Street, Walsall WS1 1TP 

Business hours:

Monday to Friday: 8:45am to 5pm

Connect to a BSL interpreter

Available on demand Monday to Friday between 9am and 4:30pm

Rate this page