This is a new service - your feedback will help us to improve it.

Making changes to a birth registration

Correct a birth registration

To apply for a correction, you must submit to us:

  • supporting documents showing the error
  • the correct application form from GOV.UK

You can find and fill in the birth registration correction forms on the government's website. 

Contact us to submit your application.

Re-register a birth after a marriage or civil partnership

If you are the natural parents of a child and want to re-register a birth after getting married or forming a civil partnership:

  1. Both complete the re-registration form on the government's website
  2. Send this completed form and the original certificates to our contact details
  3. We'll then contact you to make an appointment. You'll need to bring your marriage certificate to your appointment.

Rate this page