We only collect from domestic properties for Walsall residents who wish to dispose of items that are too large or heavy to fit into a wheelie bin. If you are a business or landlord and want a large or bulky item removed, then please visit our business waste pages.
Items we can collect
We collect fridges, freezers, white goods and other large items such as furniture from homes.
Items we do not collect:
- bagged waste
- garden sheds and fences
- garden waste
- commercial waste
- building waste or rubble
- clinical waste
- hazardous waste
Arrange a collection
- This service runs from 6.30am - 5.30pm daily.
- Collection can take place at any time during the times above.
- Items to be collected must be at the front of your property by 6.30am on collection day. If you need to put items on the footpath as you do not have a front garden or driveway, let us know and we will try to move them as early as possible on collection day.
To arrange a bulky waste collection please call the Clean and Green Contact Centre on 01922 653344.
Payment must be made at the time of booking to secure collection - this is a non-refundable service.
If you need to make any changes you will need to phone us by 12pm the day before your collection.
Some large pieces of furniture may be considered to be multiple items, for example a bed which includes a base, a mattress and a headboard would count as 3 items.
What should I do on the day of collection?
- Items must be ready for collection from 6.30am (we are unable to provide an exact time).
- Make sure items are whole and easily accessible.
- Leave items at the nearest point to the front edge of the property.
- We cannot enter your home, garage or rear garden to collect items.
- We will only collect the items stated on your booking.
- We cannot collect waterlogged, soiled or overly heavy items.
- fridges, freezers and cookers must be empty and must not contain food.
Other ways to get rid of your waste
Bulky items and other household waste we do not collect can be disposed of free of charge at the Household Waste Recycling Centres
If you have good quality items you no longer need you could use Freecycle.