With the easing of restrictions, most of Walsall’s libraries have now returned to their normal opening hours:
Aldridge, Bloxwich, Brownhills, Streetly and Willenhall: Tuesday to Friday, 8:30am-6pm and Saturday 9am-5pm (Streetly Library is closed on Thursdays).
The Lichfield Street Hub: 8:30am-6pm Monday to Friday and 8:30am-5:00pm on Saturday.
Darlaston Library remains closed for the moment for refurbishment.
The Mobile Library is continuing to run a reduced timetable to allow people to have time to get on and use the library at each stop. Call 01922 654333 for details of mobile library stops near you.
Some immediate changes you will see at your library:
- Your time in the library is no longer limited, so you can browse at your leisure.
- There are more public PCs available at most libraries, and you may now extend your session again if the PC isn’t booked by another customer.
- We are restoring study areas, with one person per study table.
- You may also bring your own devices to access and use our Wi-Fi facilities.
- All items you borrow are now issued for 4-week loan periods again.
- You can now reserve books again - up to a total of 6 books per person.
- Library charges apply again from 1 July 2021
We shall continue to maintain some COVID-secure arrangements and our staff will all be wearing face-coverings, unless behind a perspex screen. We are also asking visitors to our libraries also to wear face-coverings.
Although libraries are open again, you may still book a home delivery from your local library - just use our online booking form or you can also call your local library directly.
You can still access BorrowBox, our free eBook and eAudiobook service – plus all our other 24/7 Online Library services including eMagazines and eNewspapers. There’s instant access for new customers who join online.
Ancestry Library Edition is also still free to access from home for the time being. Just log into My Account.