What will be different?
At first the only access will be to the library foyer, so we won’t yet be able to offer:
What about Reservations or requesting particular titles?
We aren't able to offer a reservation service during this first phase, but any reservations already awaiting collection prior to lockdown will still be available. Staff will telephone you if you have a book awaiting collection.
Owing to high numbers of items in quarantine and books being dispersed across libraries, it isn't possible to request particular titles as part of Ring & Read. We'll try to meet your requirements as best we can. We may not always get it right, but we hope to introduce you to new books and authors you'll enjoy.
Summer Reading Challenge
Children aged 4-11 can take part in this year's "Silly Squad" Summer Reading Challenge with our Ring & Read service. We have all the usual goodies, collector's wallets, stickers, certificates - and, most importantly, the medals!
Summer Reading Challenge via Ring & Read
- You need to read six books (or more) to meet the Challenge.
- Phone or e-mail a library offering Ring & Read.
- Tell us you're interested in the Summer Reading Challenge.
- Tell us your Library Card number and the type of books you like.
- We’ll choose some books we think you'll enjoy.
- We'll agree a convenient date and time for you to collect them from the library foyer.
- We'll have the books in a Ring & Read bag for you to collect them safely.
This year there's also a Digital Summer Reading Challenge, with "Silly Squad" eBooks from our BorrowBox service - and watch out for us on Facebook and Twitter.
Remember our 24/7 Online Library is always open!
We have more than ever available online for you at our 24/7 Online Library, including:
- eBooks and eAudiobooks
- eNewspapers and eMagazines
- eComics and graphic novels