Recognising Social Value
Recognising Social Value through the Walsall Works Partner Awards
Walsall Council brought socially-minded employers together in September to celebrate their contribution in helping local people and communities to succeed.
The Walsall Works Partner Awards event took place on 6 September and included the award of Bronze Partner status to 25 local companies. Each of these had demonstrated a commitment to Walsall residents through their recruitment practices.
There was also recognition for those companies that had delivered extensive CSR work and achieved the Silver and Gold Partner Awards. As a quality standard for the delivery of social value activities the recipients are those organisations that have demonstrated work in each of the following areas:
- Creating and sustaining employment for local people
- Helping local people to increase their skills and improve their employability
- Creating opportunities for local companies through supply chains
- Supporting Walsall’s most vulnerable residents to improve their health and wellbeing
- Helping local schools to raise aspiration and improve educational attainment
- Supporting community-managed facilities and developing community-based initiatives
- Creating a diverse and inclusive workforce
To reach the Gold Partner standard, employers must show exceptional levels of work in each of these areas and this event saw AF Blakemore (pictured above) become the latest organisation to be given this status.
Local recruitment company SPR were presented a Silver Partner Award for their contribution to each of the social value areas. As well as celebrating achievements, the event helped to inspire many of the new partners to work towards the standards required for Silver and Gold Partner status.
The event included a series of workshops to provide information about how to increase involvement in areas such as developing skills for the future, increasing diversity and engaging with the community. With best practice being shared by previous Gold Partners, employers were able to get some practical tips about how to increase social value activities in their business.
To find out more about how you can get involved in social value activities and gain Partner Award accreditation, contact Walsall Works on 01922 654353 or email firstname.lastname@example.org