Customer Service Administrator
The role will be based at our head office in Walsall and provides a fantastic opportunity for someone interested in starting a career in a busy working environment in dealing with hire orders for new vehicles, transfers and general customer service queries. You will receive a dedicated development program and mentoring support and will be working towards an NVQ in Customer Service.
To be considered for this apprenticeship, you must have a genuine interest in providing excellent customer service and be fully committed to attend college.
BCS Group, part of the Barhale Group, is a privately owned company first established in 1980. BCS Group is a leading supplier of safety and construction products and services that operates from our central manufacturing and distribution centre in the Midlands.
- Processing cross hire orders for new vehicle hires and generating charges within the invoicing system, coordinating off hire requests
- Managing the hire process for all van requests, completing all necessary driver checks to ensure the allocated driver has completed a driver mandate.
- Liaise with preferred suppliers to source vehicles and raise hire orders.
- Create on hire contracts to invoice drivers ensuring hire dates and rates are accurate.
- Input all new short and long term vehicles to the company Motor Insurance Database (MID) and remove when off hired. Add all vehicles to the Congestion Charge and Dart Charge account where applicable.
- Request fuel cards for all new vehicles. Coordinate the delivery from supplier to head office, and from head office to regional contact.
- Manage fuel card register adding all new cards received, and removing all cards for vehicles off hired.
- Process damage notifications in the system, recharging allocated drivers.
- Liaise with region contacts for high value charges. Raise orders within Redsky for damage costs.
- Support the Fleet Coordinator with the day to day management of the fleet operation
- Responsible for managing the shared fleet mailbox for all incoming enquiries, transfers and off hire requests CF820-51 Version 4 Page 2 of 3
- Key measures & targets:
- Accuracy of hires processed
- Queries during reconciliations
- Transport & Fleet Manager
- Fleet Coordinator
- Fleet Suppliers
- Person Specification:
The successful candidate is likely to meet all of the following criteria:
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Good administrative and organisational skills
- Able to complete tasks and meet deadlines
- Experience of working in a hire or fleet management team
- Product knowledge would be beneficial
- Commercial understanding
As well as offering a competitive salary, remuneration for this role includes flexible benefits, which provides a range of guaranteed benefits including but not limited to:
- 5% Company pension contribution (If eligible)
- Life Assurance at 2 x notional salary
- Single persons private medical cover
- Permanent Health Cover
Barhale is one of the largest privately owned infrastructure specialists in the UK and was originally formed in 1980 as a specialist tunnelling contractor diversifying over the years into various civil engineering areas. Barhale works UK-wide across the water, transport, energy and developer services sectors providing design, construction and maintenance services under long-term contracts, with blue-chip public, regulated and private clients. The company employs over 600 people in the UK, has an annual turnover of £120m and a distinctive set of values that are fundamental to our approach to business sustainability.
Our business activity is carried out for the following principal sectors:
Water: Civil Engineering, Tunnelling, Pipelines and Utilities
Transport: Rail, Aviation, Waterways, Highways and Bridges
Energy: Power Generation, Power Transmission and Distribution, Waste
Developer Services: Civil Engineering across private sector developers UK wide
Specialist Businesses: Tunnelling, Mechanical and Electrical and Barhale Construction Services (BCS Group) CF820-51 Version 4 Page 3 of 3
To apply, send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com or call us on 01922 654353