Materials Technician - Balfour Beatty Vinci
1x vacancy at Cappers Lane, Lichfield, WS14
1x vacancy at A46 Compound, CV8
Balfour beatty have 2 Part-time (30 hours) Materials Technician vacancies to join the works being delivered through the HS2 Civil Engineering Materials Testing team. Working within the site laboratory team you will test the behaviour of bulk construction materials including concrete, aggregates and bituminous materials. The results of these tests will be used to improve the performance of existing products, to eliminate faults with materials already in use, and to help with the development of new technologies. This is a unique opportunity to develop a career within the construction sector, offering you the chance to develop skills and specialisms that are highly sought with flexible hours. Potential candidates will need a full UK driving license due to travelling to different sites within the role.
- Maintaining safe methods of work for the materials team in the laboratory
- Maintaining high standards of work and compliance with UKAS accreditation requirements
- Comply with the site quality system for materials testing laboratory
- Deliver results by deadlines as required by the contract and project teams
- Ensure all work is undertaken safely in accordance with required processes
- Undertake testing of materials including aggregates, concrete and asphalt in accordance with required standards, in the laboratory and on construction sites.
- Comply with the high standards of work required by the Quality Management Systems to required deadlines
- Maintain equipment to required standards as required by the Laboratory Manager
- Proactively communicate with senior staff to ensure effective communication
The following qualities/experience are essential:
- Good time keeping
- Reliability, some flexibility on working hours is offered.
- Full UK driver’s license
The following qualities/experience are desirable:
- Previous experience of working in a UKAS accredited laboratory is desirable but full training will be provided for suitable candidates.