Walsall operates a customer and business-friendly planning charter to make development and the planning process as straightforward and fit for purpose as possible. We provide:
- Policy and development plans that give clarity and certainty over development opportunities and investment decisions.
- Suitable and holistic pre-planning application advice to meet our customers’ needs, including a ‘Development Team’ service for major projects.
- Partnership working with customers and stakeholders to bring forward robust applications and prestigious development.
- Assistance where possible to understand and work through scheme deliverability and viability matters.
- Determination of valid planning applications in a comprehensive, accurate and timely manner and notification of decisions in the shortest period of time possible.
- Regular reviews of our service performance in partnership with our customers.
Further information on our planning services, including policies, plans, consultation and submissions process, can be found at: https://www.walsall.gov.uk/planning