Walsall Employment & Skills Board
The Walsall Employment & Skills Board (WESB) brings together key strategic private, public and voluntary sector agencies to play their role in supporting the work of the Walsall Economic Board (WEB), to address the issues within their agreed priority of ‘Ensuring People Possess the Skills to Work & Support Growth’
- Walsall College (Chair)
- Univeristy of Wolverhampton
- Walsall Council
- Black Country LEP
- Department for Work and Pensions
- Black Country Training Provider Network
- One Walsall
- Public Health
The WESB’s role is to:
- To support the WEB in delivery of their agreed Aim and Objectives as set in the Walsall Economic Plan
- To support the development of Walsall Boroughs Economy and that of its Residents, by owning and co-ordinating the successful delivery of the agreed Aim, Objectives and complementary Actions.
- To oversee, assess and drive progress against the agreed Aim, Objectives and Actions.
- To act as strategic advisors to the WEB on all Employment and Skills related matters, making suggestions and key asks in support of the development of the Walsall Economy and its Residents.
- To promote the Employment and Skills agenda and its needs with all partners and partnership groups to raise its profile, secure support and resources.
- To ensure that due governance and financial accountability is maintained / followed at all times.
- To develop and co-ordinate the offer of support from the Private, Public and Voluntary Sector, to maximise impact and outcomes.
- To bring all partners resources and influence to bear in support of the Walsall Economy and its Residents
The WESB will adopt the agreed Priorities set in Strategic Plan but may wish to consider a number of key priorities that lead to jointed up approaches to maximise how we work or deliver services. These priorities may include:
- Targeted support for the unemployed
- Ensure local people possess the skills to enter and progress in work
- Monitoring and evaluating the impact of Employment and Skills related activity