Due to Covid-19 all our face to face training is currently CANCELLED - we do have a range of virtual training, online courses, webinar and podcasts that are available please go to the 'eLearning' or 'webinar and podcast' section within learning and development on the safeguarding website.
Date: Tuesday 10th November 2020 (9:30 -16:00)
Venue: Education Development Centre, Pelsall Lane, Rushall, WS4 1NG
Target Group: Level 2
This Multi-Agency training course will increase practitioners’ knowledge and confidence in identifying neglect and understanding the impact on children and young people. This training is particularly relevant for those professionals that have contact with children and young people.
- To develop an understanding of what constitutes as neglect and the impact upon children and young people.
- To develop an understanding of neglect in relation to child development.
- To recognise and have knowledge of the signs and impact of children and young people who are, or maybe neglected.
- To understand your professional role in assessing neglect and thinking about the ‘now what?’
- To be able to recognise and understand what constitutes as Neglect and the agencies roles and responsibilities in responding to neglect.
- To understand what theories are important in understanding the impact of neglect and how these can be related to practice.
- To have an awareness of the assessment and intervention tools available in Walsall in responding to Neglect.
- To increase your confidence in responding to situations where a child or young person is suffering neglect at the hands of their parents/carers.
To Book a place please complete the form below.
Trainers from across the partnership
Education Development Centre, Pelsall Lane, Rushall, WS4 1NG