Date: Wednesday 18th March 2020 (9:30 -1:00)
Venue: Education Development Centre, Pelsall Lane, Rushall, WS4 1NG
Target Group: Multi-Agency professionals, front-line workers and community Groups
The training programme has been commissioned nationally because only 1% of women affected by gambling seek any support.
The aim of this half day training session is to raise awareness of problem gambling and how it affects women and young people, both as problem gamblers and affected others. It will make professionals aware of risk indicators, screening methods and to increase professional confidence in asking questions around problem gambling in order to identify need for support. Attendees will also have an increased awareness of referral pathways for local services. This training will be particularly relevant for any staff who have direct contact with women and young people. This training will be relevant for staff from all sectors including; housing, education, health and social care, or within the community. You will not needed to have attended any previous addiction training prior to this.
- To increase awareness of problem gambling and how it may present in women who gamble
- How to help and support women and children who are affected by another person’s gambling.
- To understand the hidden harm related to problem gambling.
- To be able to screen for problem gambling and gambling related harm.
- To know where to refer both problem gamblers and affected others to support and intervention.
- To understand what problem gambling is.
- To understand why women gamble, the barriers to support and ways in which women prefer to access services.
- To be able to identify risk factors and common beliefs that can lead to problem gambling.
- To understand how gambling impacts someone’s life and the life of others.
- To be able to identify warning signs and indicators of problem gambling.
- To be able to screen for problem gambling.
- To feel confident in asking about problem gambling.
- To know where and how to refer people to support.
To Book a place please complete the form below.
Education Development Centre, Pelsall Lane, Rushall, WS4 1NG