Date: Monday 30th March 2020 (9:30 -3:30)
This has been cancelled:
Unfortunately the decision has been made to cancel this training session, apologies for any inconvenience.
Venue: Education Development Centre, Pelsall Lane, Rushall, WS4 1NG
Child Exploitation: Tackling Exploitation Together in Walsall
Target Group: Level 1/2
This Multi-Agency training course will increase Practitioners’ knowledge and confidence in identifying child exploitation and respond effectively to protect. This training is particularly relevant for: Children and family Workers, Police officers and Exploitation coordinators, Head teachers, Safeguarding Leads, Children’s home or residential care staff. Health sector staff including GP’s and nurse’s.
- Further develop understanding of exploitation and how to intervene
- Support the early recognition, vulnerability, warning signs, and associated factors of young people who are being exploited
- Understand the support that young people/parents/carers can access in Walsall
- The importance of gathering, recording, retaining information, and appropriate sharing of information as a best practice approach to prevent exploitation
- Understand how to refer potential victims of exploitation and statutory response
- Explore the links between CSE and ‘Missing’, ‘Trafficking’ ‘criminal exploitation’ and ‘County Lines’
- Recognise and understand what constitutes exploitation, agencies roles and responsibilities in investigating, preventing and disrupting exploitation
- How to make a referral and understand the assessment process, including exploitation screening tool
- How to use the Force Intelligence Bureau (FIB)
- To understand the purpose of a complex strategy meeting the role, purpose and function of a MASE and how to prepare for a MASE meeting
- How to support children through the referral process and the importance of appropriate language
- Understand the role and function of COG/MOG
- Where to go for advice and support
To Book a place please complete the form below.
Education Development Centre, Pelsall Lane, Rushall, WS4 1NG