ACE's Introduction to Adverse Childhood Experiences - eLearning
Target Group: Level 1
This Multi-Agency training course aimed at practitioners, professionals and volunteers who work with children, young people and their families.
- To Introduction to ACEs
- Look at Brain Development in the Early Years
- Understand the Impact of Childhood Adversity
- Understand social, Health and Community Impacts of ACEs Early Trauma
- Look at Protective Factors
- Looking at ACEs Through a Trauma Informed Lens
- Have an understanding of building resilience
After completing this training you will be able to:
- Identify adverse experiences that can impact on a child's development and their response to stress.
- understand the importance of healthy brain development in a child’s early years and the impacts of toxic stress.
- understand that experiencing adversity in childhood can have a significant impact over a person’s life course resulting in ill health, poor wellbeing and in some cases premature death.
- identify a range of social and community impacts resulting from ACEs.
- give key examples of ‘Protective Factors’ that can help prevent ACEs and different strategies that can help build resilience.
- understand what it means to look at adverse childhood experiences through a ‘trauma informed lens’.
- understand how building resilience can help mitigate the impact of ACEs.
To complete this course please access the link below: