Watch out! Beware of the scammers
A scam is a dishonest scheme designed to cheat and con you out of your money. We use these pages to provide consumers with news about scams and will provide information about new scams, and new variations on old scams. We will explain how to avoid scams and how to report them.
We also issue 'warnings and alerts' on any new scam that we become aware of. Please visit the page for further information. If you wish to forward any email scams to us please do so by email. You can also send your scam letters free to:
Scamnesty - Trading Standards
or report any scams to Action Fraud, the UK's national fraud reporting centre on 0300 123 2040.
- Fake foreign lotteries
- Deceptive sweepstakes and prize draw mailings
- Bogus charity and clothing collections
- Phishing - e-mails that look like they are from your bank
- Home-working and other 'get rich quick' cons
- Miracle health cures
- Bogus psychic predictions
- Fake ticket websites
- Bogus holiday clubs
- Stocks & Shares - Bogus Stockbrokers
Before buying tickets for events, festivals and music concerts visit www.safeconcerts.com where you can find information and advice on the warning signs to look out for.
Walsall Trading Standards are located at: