This is a new service - your feedback will help us to improve it.

Social Care

Social care covers a variety of services that help people with day-to-day living. For children and young people with special educational needs and/or disabilities (SEND), this often means help with personal or physical care due to a disability. It also means support for children with SEND who are looked after (in foster care or residential care) and those in need of protection (safeguarding).

Carers assessment

If you are a parent/carer of a child with a disability and have parental responsibility, you have the right to request a parent carer needs assessment.

We must assess parents/carers if it appears that you may need support, or if we receive a request from you to assess your need for support.

Concerned about a child or young person?

If you have concerns for a child or young person, contact the Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub.

Concerned about an adult?

If you are an adult and are concerned for yourself or another adult that you know, contact the Adult Safeguarding Team. They will deal with your concerns sensitively and confidentially wherever possible.