There is lots of help to support families with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND). We have a separate section on financial support, including financial planning, grants and entitlements. The information below is about support groups and service providers.
Special Educational Needs and Disabilities Information Advice and Support Services (SENDIASS)
Walsall SENDIASS provides free and impartial support to children and young people with SEND as well as their parents and carers. It aims to raise awareness of the options available to those using the service, as well as support people to make informed decisions about these options.
Families and Carers Empowered (FACE)
FACE is Walsall’s Parent Carer Forum. Their aim is to enable parents and carers to share their knowledge of what does, and doesn't, work. To help service providers and commissioners focus their efforts on effective, high quality support. To find out more visit their website.
The Special Educational Needs and Disabilities Information Organisations Group (SENDIOG)
This is a network of organisations who provide free and impartial advice to children, young people and their families. For resources, more information and to search for support groups in your area, visit the SENDIOG website.
Support for parents in the Armed Forces
The Children’s Education Advisory Service (CEAS) provides personalised, impartial advice to service and eligible MOD civilian families on a wide range of educational issues. This advice allows families and commands to make their own, informed, decisions.
Disabled children and young people’s team
Walsall's disabled children and young people’s team is a specialist social work team. We work with children and young people aged from 0-18 who have a complex disability and are permanent residents in Walsall. To find out more visit our webpages.
Support with autism
Autism West Midlands (AWM)
AWM helps you to understand autism and how you can help your child. AWM offers a range of services and lots of useful information. Visit their website to find out more.
Aldridge Autism Support Group
- Address: Tynings Lane Church, Aldridge, WS9 0AS
- When: First Tuesday of each month 7.15pm to 9.15pm. Refreshments provided.
- Email: Claire Williamson
Collingwood Autism Support
- Address: Collingwood Centre, Collingwood drive, Great Barr, Birmingham, B43 7NF
- About us: A support group for parents & carers of children with autism. Supportive facebook group for those not in the Collingwood area.
- When: Meet twice a month, Tuesdays 7pm to 9pm.
- Contact details: 07823 333910 or 0121 360 1484
- Email: email@example.com
Hope Autism Network
- Address: Rushall Hub, Pelsall Lane, Rushall, WS4 1NL
- About us: Parent support group that meets monthly on Tuesdays 9.15am to 11.15am. Visit their website for details.
- Contact details: 07939 966 379
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- F: @HopeAutismNetwork T: @AutismNetwork
Supporting the Rainbow
Open to parents, family, siblings and carers of people on the autism spectrum. Adults on the autism spectrum are also welcome to attend. The group operates as a support network for this community where people with similar experiences can draw from these experiences to support others. The group provides a safe space for people to disclose their experiences, to offload and to learn from their peers. We help to signpost people to appropriate services for professional advice. Visit their website for details.
Generally children will not be present at the meetings. We aim to provide a space alongside the meeting for your children to play during school holidays.
- Address: Brownhills Community Centre, Chester Road North, Brownhills, Walsall, WS8 7JW (just off the Miner Island)
- When: Meetings take place every second Tuesday from 1.30pm to 2.30pm
United support group CIC advocates for autism and ADHD
- About us: A non-profit organization working within the community offering support and advice to schools and families across the West Midlands.
- What: There are group sessions including coffee mornings and workshops.
- Contact details: 07400 509957 / 07455 524196
- Email email@example.com
- Address:Aldridge Methodist Church, Anchor Road, Aldridge WS9 8PT
- About us: We are a not-for-profit organisation that aims to facilitate activities and experiences for adults and children with additional needs. Rainbow Group started as a free monthly disco for adults and children with additional needs held at The Crown in Aldridge.
- Contact details: Joanna Sainsbury Tel: 07940 977139
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Walsall, Wolverhampton and surrounding areas parent group
- Address: The Royal Oak, New Street, Willenhall, WV13 3TJ
- When: Meetings every Wednesday from 7pm to 8.30pm as well as social events for all the family
- Cost: Each sessions costs £2 which includes a drink
- Contact details: Alison Fisher 07939 487052
- Email: email@example.com
Walsall Carers Centre
Walsall Carers Centre offers help and guidance to all carers. Our aim is to provide information on a range of services and to offer links to other sites that you may find useful. Please visit the website for more details.
Useful Facebook Support Groups
- Walsall Families in the Know (Walsall Families Information Service)
- Autism and Sensory Processing Support UK
- UK Autism Spectrum Parents Support group