Before you start
You must have an enhanced DBS check. You'll need the following codes:
- organisation ref: TAXILICENSING
- organisation code: TAXILICENSINGCRB
Complete the first section of the DBS form online and provide the code given by the DBS on your application form.
You will also need to scan or provide clear photographs of your ID documents with your completed application. This includes:
- your DVLA licence
- valid passport
- a bank statement (less than 3 months old) and/or a utility bill
If you have previously joined the DBS update service and keep your DBS live online then you need to attach either a scan or a photograph of your most recent certificate to your application.
You must also get a DVLA licence sharing code and complete the code accurately on the application form. The code is case sensitive so please copy the code accurately. If we cannot complete the DVLA check then your licence will not be renewed.
Please attach a recent photograph of yourself to the application. In your photo you must:
- face forwards and look straight at the camera
- have a plain expression
- have your mouth closed
- have your eyes open and visible and not have hair in front of your eyes
- not have a head covering (unless it's for religious or medical reasons)
- not have anything covering your face
New/renewed taxi driver application
You can download the application form below. Complete your form and send it back to us by email.
Alternatively, you can email us with your full name, telephone number(s) and email address. We will send you an application form tell you what you need to do.
Practical driving tests
Please contact the council's MOT garage on 01922 654254 to book a practical driving test.
Please make sure that you have submitted your application together with relevant documents before proceeding with a payment.
You can pay online:
Make a payment
Please only submit your payment once. If an error message appears, do not enter your payment details again. Email the taxi licensing team to explain the problem.
Once you have paid:
- wait until you have been redirected back to the main page.
- allow some time before you receive a confirmation of the payment via email
Private hire driver register
Section 51 of The Local Government (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 1976 specifies that Licensing Authorities have to publish and maintain a register of Private Hire Driver licences issued. The list will be updated regularly.