The School Governance Team provides support to school leaders and Governing Boards on all areas of school governance. We offer guidance and advice, virtual and face to face training, clerking services and external reviews of governance. We also oversee the Council’s legal duties about school governance and work in wider partnership roles including the weekly education updates, the Walsall Learning Alliance, Schools Causing Concern and monthly virtual governance briefings.
The service provides a range of services tailored to the needs of an individual setting. Our services include:
- Governor training. From induction through to the latest guidance on all aspects of school governance. We provide a complete online offer and can also deliver sessions tailored to the needs of individual Boards or face to face.
- Clerking services. A full clerking service with a nominated trained clerk as a point of contact and access to Governor Hub, NGA membership and governance briefings.
- External reviews of governance and support in developing self-audit tools to track the impact of governance over time and identify areas of self-improvement.
- Support on changes to governance including (federations, acadamisation, changing the constitution of your Governing Board).
- Bespoke advice and guidance on governance and school leadership to meet the needs of your setting and leadership priorities.
- We deliver the local authorities statutory duties around Instruments of Government, maintaining a database of school governors etc.
To get in touch then please contact:
Duncan Whitehouse – School Governance Manager on 07920 414340, firstname.lastname@example.org or via Teams
Sangita Patel – Governance Officer @ email@example.com
Amandeep Sandhar – Governance Officer @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Gurdeep Sanghera – Advisor to Governing Boards @ email@example.com
Alternatively contact the team at: firstname.lastname@example.org