Homebreadcrumb separatorPolicing and public safetybreadcrumb separatorCrime and law enforcementbreadcrumb separatorReport crime

Report crime

Crime can now be reported in three ways.  The non-emergency number 101 should be used to report crime and other concerns that do not require an emergency response.  For example, if:

  • Your car has been stolen
  • Your property has been damaged
  • You suspect drug use or dealing in your neighbourhood

Or to:

  • Give the police information about crime in your area
  • Speak to the police about a general enquiry

You should always call 999 when it is an emergency, such as when a crime is in progress, someone suspected of a crime is nearby, when there is danger to life or when violence is being used or threatened.

There is also a new way to contact the police online, via www.west-midlands.police.uk.  The new WMP portal offers:

  • Reporting some crime online including theft, criminal damage and bilking (petrol, hotel, restaurant and taxi theft).
  • Useful information at the touch of a button, including signposting to partners who may be able to help.
  • Tracking your case allowing victims to follow their crime they’ve reported online.


Photographs on this page are copyright Karen Bristoll and appear courtesy of West Midlands Police.