The Planning Committee meets to discuss planning applications and decide whether they will be approved or not. On the Planning Committee site you can find:
- committee reports
- minutes of the meetings
- times and dates of upcoming meetings
- information on members of the committee
Five days before the meeting, the committee reports will be available to view on the Planning Committee site.
During the Covid-19 pandemic, the Planning Committee meetings are taking place virtually and are being live-streamed on our Walsall Council YouTube channel; you can watch the meetings live, or you can catch up on demand by watching the recording when it suits you.
To find out when a case may go to the committee, please view the applications online. Please note, this date may be subject to change if further information or comments are received on the proposal, and additional work is required. The date will only become fixed once the plans list agenda has been produced for the relevant meeting. If no date has been entered, the application is not currently being considered for a forthcoming meeting.
How the registration and speaking process works
- Speakers will be registered on a first-come-first-served basis.
- Speakers (including Councillors) on any planning case presented to the planning committee will be restricted to a maximum of 2 in support and 2 against, chosen by order of notification of those who wish to speak.
- A list of persons wishing to speak in respect of each planning case will be produced for the Chairman and members of the planning committee. The planning cases will be heard by the committee regardless of whether anyone has registered to speak.
- Speakers will be limited to a maximum of 2 minutes speaking time for each committee item they have registered to speak on.
- Speakers are not allowed to present visual or written material during their 2 minutes speaking time.
- Speakers are not allowed to present visual or written material at any time during the planning committee.
- Planning Committee Members are allowed to ask questions to speakers, put through the Chairman of the meeting.
- Any person wishing to speak who has not registered at least 5 calendar days before the committee meeting will be allowed if the number of speakers limit for the relevant planning application has not been reached, and at the discretion of the Chairman.
Register as a speaker form