The Planning Committee meets to discuss planning applications and decide whether they will be approved or not. On the Planning Committee site you can find:
- committee reports
- minutes of the meetings
- times and dates of upcoming meetings
- information on members of the committee
Five days before the meeting, the committee reports will be available to view on the Planning Committee site.
Council meetings are held in the Council Chamber at the Council House, Lichfield Street, Walsall, WS1 1TW. Meetings are live-streamed online, or you can watch recordings at your convenience.
Applications are published online, and a committee date will be shown if the application goes to a planning committee. Committee dates may change if the Local Planning Authority receives more information or comments that need to be considered. The date will be fixed after the agenda for the meeting has been drafted. In the absence of a date, it is possible that the application won't be heard at a meeting.
How the registration and speaking process works
- Requests to speak must be submitted one working day before the date of the planning committee.
- Speakers will be registered on a first-come-first-served basis.
- Speakers (including Councillors) on any planning case presented to the planning committee will be restricted to a maximum of two in support and two against, chosen by order of notification of those who have registered to speak.
- A list of persons registered to speak in respect of each planning case will be produced for the Chairman of the planning committee. The planning cases will be heard by the committee regardless of whether anyone has registered to speak.
- Speakers will be limited to a maximum of two minutes speaking time for each committee item they have registered to speak on.
- Speakers are not allowed to present visual or written material during their two minutes speaking time.
- Speakers are not allowed to present visual or written material at any time during the planning committee.
- Planning Committee Members can ask questions to speakers. These questions will be put through the Chairman of the meeting.
- Any person who has not registered to speak will only be allowed to speak at the discretion of the Chairman.
- The planning committee report is available to view on the Council’s website five days before the meeting.
Register as a speaker form