Current service provision
Continuing to protect public health and the environment through enforcement of legislation and the provision of advice and information remains important to us.
- keeping site visits to an minimum
- suspending face-to-face meetings, unless major incidents or other essential works make these necessary
- maintaining our commitment to respond to requests and enquiries within seven working days where at all practicable
- processing planning consultations and we remain able to provide telephone or email advice to developers, agents and professionals acting on their behalf
- administering environmental permits
Installation inspections by Environmental Protection officers to assess compliance are restricted, but existing IPPC A2 and Part B permits remain valid unless notified.
Environmental regulation of industry with respect to air pollution, ground contamination, noise and vibration is ongoing, although we recognise that the current circumstances mean that some situations are not representative of the norm so response will be tailored accordingly.
If you would like to discuss a concern, please call us, and we will be happy to assist you. If we are unable to do so we will pass your details onto the Environmental Protection team who will contact you within seven working days. Alternatively, contact the Environmental Protection team by email and one of our officers will contact you.
Our main functions
- Processing of environmental permits for IPPC A2 and Part B installations and regulation of specified industries
- Environmental regulation of industry in general – air pollution, ground contamination, noise, vibration
- Complaint responses regarding environmental incidents, pollution, emergencies (for example, where serious issues arise or there are significant environmental impacts)
- Major incident responses
Our specialist range services
- Review and assessment of air quality
- Identification and regulation of contaminated land
- Routine monitoring of landfill gas at closed council landfill sites
- Noise and vibration measurements and analyses
- Regulation of industrial processes
- Investigation of complaints concerning industry
- Provision of advice and technical support for regeneration and development control processes
- Provision of environmental data and information (information requests relating to property sales, valuations and environmental assessments may incur a charge)