These sites are classified by the local authority in consultation with Natural England. They are chosen for their wildlife and receive some protection from development. Local Nature Reserves (LNRs) in Walsall are all on land owned or managed by the council. Many LNRs are also SSSIs, SINCs or SLINCs.
What sites are protected?
- Bentley Haye, 41 Pooles Lane, Willenhall, WV12 5HJ
- Fibbersley Local Nature Reserve, Noose Lane, Willenhall, WV13 3BJ
- Oily Goughs, Willenhall Lane, WS2 7NN
- Rough Wood Chase, 41 Pooles Lane, Willenhall, WV12 5HJ
- The Piggeries, Willenhall Lane, WV12 5NL
- Wood Farm, Willenhall Lane, WS2 7NN