Following the Government ‘Roadmap out of Lockdown’ announcement, Walsall Council can confirm that as from 29 March 2021, 3G pitches are to be available for club bookings at its Oak Park Active Living Centre.
Grass roots football plays a major part in the physical health and mental wellbeing of families across the country and our re-opening supports the Football Association announcement that football leagues can restart and extend their seasons until the end of June 2021.
Access to the pitch will be welcome news for all football loving children and parents as well as local managers, coaches and players, keen to get back into training and raise fitness levels in preparation for those first matches.
We are still in a pandemic therefore your safety is at the heart of everything we do. COVID secure measures are in place and must mean:
· The main building including changing rooms will remain closed
· A one-way queuing system is in place around the pitch to support the two-metre distancing guidelines.
· If you have any COVID-19 symptoms, PLEASE STAY AT HOME and book a COVID-19 test https://www.gov.uk/get-coronavirus-test
· All visits will need to be pre-booked by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org and each area will have a limited capacity to ensure correct social distancing guidelines are followed.
The 3G pitch reopens to the public on Monday 29 March with COVID safety measures in place:
· one way entrance and exit routes,
· no spectators inside the cage,
· portable toilet facilities, hand sanitisers and 2m distance measures.
· FA guidance states that only organised football can take place, therefore bookings are only applicable to organised leagues and FA affiliated teams.
Walsall Junior Youth Football League resume their fixtures from 11thApril. www.wjyl.co.uk
Albion Foundation are also restarting coaching sessions and offering Easter holiday football camps, for more information visit www.wba.co.uk/foundation
Leisure leagues and dads v dads are restarting for adult participation.
Please note that between 29thMarch and 12thApril no access can be gained to the leisure centre building therefore all pitches must be pre book & paid in advance.
Notes to editors
· Walsall Leisure Services is reopening its facilities in a phased approach.
Access will be carefully managed and in line with the relevant governing body regulations and well as COVID-Safe guidance from national government.
· Please note that conditions of use mean that all clubs and individual teams must comply with Government legislation and the Football Association guidance on Covid-19 pandemic safety.