Due to the changeable weather conditions that have been experienced recently, our planned surface dressing programme – programmed for the school holidays to minimise impact - is running slightly behind schedule. Colleagues in other teams have taken advantage of the road closures to undertake grounds maintenance and litter picking works, but there will be a requirement for further closures to complete the carriageway surfacing works.
The proposed programme of works is
Thursday 15 August
- Bodens Lane, Pinfold Lane and Old Hall Lane will be closed to through traffic. Please note that Pinfold Lane is expected to be closed between the hours of 9.30am and 4.00pm only.
- Little Johnson’s Lane will be closed between the junctions of B4154 Beacon Road and B4151 Sutton Road.
Friday 16 August
- Crook Lane and Chapel Lane will be closed to through traffic. Please note that Chapel Lane is expected to be closed between the hours of 9.30am and 4.00pm only.
Saturday 17 August
- Barr Lakes Lane and Skip Lane (between the junctions of Park Hall Road and B4151 Sutton Road only) will be closed to through traffic.
Sunday 18 August 2019
- B4155 Lichfield Road, Brownhills will be closed to through traffic between the junctions of Sadler Road and Barracks Lane.
Please be aware that the second phase of the surface treatment works on B4151 Sutton Road and B4154 Beacon Road is expected to take place on Saturday as planned. It is expected that Beacon Road will be closed between B4151 Sutton Road and Old Hall Lane between the approximate hours of 5.00am and 8.00am with Sutton Road (between Longwood Lane and Beacon Road) being closed between the approximate hours of 8.00am and 11.00am.
All adjacent businesses will be open and trading as usual throughout the duration of works. Signed diversion routes will be in operation for affected traffic and access to adjacent properties will be maintained wherever it is safe and possible to do so.
All works are weather dependent and subject to cancellation and/or change at short notice.