Homebreadcrumb separatorEducationbreadcrumb separatorLost exam certificates

Lost exam certificates

To apply for duplicate certificates or a statement of results, you need to contact the relevant awarding body.
Firstly, if you do not know which Examination Board/s you took your examinations with, then you need to contact your old school/ college, who should be able to give you this information. Make sure you tell them which Year you sat the examination, as Examination Boards can vary from year to year. After you have obtained this information, then you can find the contact details for the Boards, together with the current fees (where appropriate) below:
Examinations taken with OCR (Oxford and Cambridge and RSA Exam board). OCR have a website which includes an enquiry form that you can access to request duplicate certificates. Visit the OCR to access the form. Applications must be from the person concerned and they must provide proof of identity. A search fee will be charged.
Examinations taken with Edexcel (University of London and BTEC examinations). Edexcel have a website which includes forms for applying for a replacement certificate OR Letter of confirmation. tere is a different form for BTEC and for GCSE/A levels. Visit the site Edexcel A search fee for BTEC and for all GCSE/A levels taken will be charged.
AQA (Replacing the old AEB and NAEB awarding bodies) AQA now have forms on their website to apply for lost certificates, see: AQA. However, there is a charge for this facility. Enquiries should be addressed to AQA at either: examsrecords-s@aqa.org.uk or examsrecords-n@aqa.org.uk, depending on your geographical location.
WJEC (Welsh Joint Education Comittee). You can apply for a Certifying Statement of results that will be sent to you. The cost is from £30 for one session to a maximum of £45 for 2 or more sessions. Alternatively, a letter of confirmation can be sent to a third party - the cost of this is £25. Visit the site WJEC to obtain the application form (English and Welsh versions available).
CCEA (Northern Ireland Council for Curriculum, Examinations and Assessment) Visit site CCEA