Children's Swimming Lessons
The Swim Academy will restart on Wednesday 2nd December 2020.
Following advice from Swim England and The Swimming Teachers’ Association the following Covid-19 are in place to ensure that you and your child are safe. We ask that you follow the guidance to help us make the lessons run smoothly:
- With the exception of the Gala Teaching Pool and Brine Pool, all instructors will teach from poolside to help maintain social distancing
- An additional lifeguard will be in position to help supervise the children and keep them safe
- With the exception of the Gala Pool there will be no lane swimming during lessons to allow maximum space for the lessons
- Your child will come to their usual lesson at their usual day and time
- Alternative entrances may be used at some sites
- All swimmers are asked to arrive ‘beach ready’
- Younger children in Beginners and Stanley classes will be asked to towel dry on poolside after lessons with no access to the changing village
- Spectators for Beginners and Stanley classes are limited to one per child, although to help family pressures younger siblings can watch with a parent, but we can’t allow pushchairs due to limited space
- Children in Goldfish, Angelfish, Shark, Advanced Swimmer and Junior Lifeguard (unless under the age of 8) will have full access to the changing villages but are unfortunately not able to bring a spectator, either on poolside or in the changing areas, due to limited space
- Adults spectating are asked to wear a face covering while on site as per guidance from Walsall Public Health
- Please do not arrive more than 5 minutes before the scheduled start time of your lesson, and leave promptly afterwards to avoid congestion
- Changeovers between classes may take slightly longer than usual to maintain social distancing but we will endeavour to deliver a 25 minute class within the lesson timeframe
- Parent & Toddler customers will have full access to changing villages
- Direct debit payments will re-start automatically on 25th September
Our centres offer swimming lessons for adults, children, toddlers & babies, following the Swimming Teachers Association (STA) Syllabus. Our qualified instructors work with groups to build confidence in the water and perfect technique.
Courses run all year round, except on bank holidays and two weeks during Christmas.
- A 10 week block of lessons is £50 if not paid by Direct Debit
- If paying by Direct Debit, the price is £20 per month, and every enrolled child receives free access to public sessions
- Individual lessons are also available at a cost of £15 per 30 minute session
How to book
Please call reception at your preferred centre:
- Oak Park Active Living Centre – 01922 652 266
- Bloxwich Active Living Centre – 01922 652 900
- Darlaston Swimming and Fitness Centre – 01922 652 255
- Walsall Gala Swimming and Fitness Centre – 01922 653 150
Alternatively, you can request a call back or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Swim Academy Portal
You can manage your payments, bookings and track your child’s progress by creating a Swim Academy Portal account.