We offer two programmes for people who have experienced a fall.
Falls and Balance
Falls and Balance
Our Falls and Balance programme aims to prevent you from falling again, by using exercises that work on your mobility, strength, stamina, posture, balance and coordination.
It involves 1 session a week, for a period of 12 weeks and will help you continue being active, and independent.
- People fall for different reasons – we assess your needs and design an individualized programme.
- We will work with you to tailor the exercises and to ensure your individual benefit and progression.
- Optional information sessions will be provided on relevant health education topics.
- At the end of the 12 weeks we will reassess you and then provide advice on what to do next, and provide information about other programmes and services.
- Some time after completing the programme, we will contact you to see how you are getting on and see if you need any further support.
Classes are currently suspended due to Covid-19. If in the meantime you would like to register your interest in joining a class, please call 01922 652900, leaving a message if there is no one to take your call or alternatively email the Falls Prevention Activity Coordinator email@example.com
While our centres are closed why not try our You Tube workouts (click here)
Active Steps aims to reduce your risk of falling by using exercises that work on your balance, strength, stamina, posture, mobility and coordination. It helps you stay active and improves your confidence and independence.
When you start the programme you will fill in a questionnaire to help assess your suitability and needs. We then work with you to tailor the exercises to your needs.
The following classes will restart the week commencing Monday 10th August 2020:
Darlaston Town Hall on Mondays at 10.00am - 11.00am
Bloxwich Active Living Centre on Monday at 2.30pm - 3.30pm
Pelsall Village Centre on Tuesday at 11.00am - 12.00pm
Bloxwich Active Living Centre on Thursday at 11.30am - 12.30pm
Oak Park Active Living Centre on Thursday at 2.00pm - 3.00pm
Gala Swimmng and Fitness Centre on Friday at 11.00am -12.00pm
Please note: if you have any medical conditions or are new to exercise, it is advisable to seek advice from your GP prior to starting. For first time attendees it is advisable to arrive 10 to 15 minutes before the session to have a chat with the instructor and fill in the necessary health questionnaire. The classes normally last around one hour, and can be done seated or standing depending on current mobility levels. Maximum numbers per session apply. For more information on venues available, or if you are unsure if you are suitable please contact The Falls Prevention Physical Activity Team on 01922 652911.