While our centres are closed why not try our You Tube workouts (click here)
We offer two programmes for people who have experienced a fall.
- Falls and Balance
- Active Steps
Falls and Balance
Our Falls and Balance programme aims to prevent you from falling again, by using exercises that work on your mobility, strength, stamina, posture, balance and coordination.
It involves 1 session a week, for a period of 12 weeks and will help you continue being active, and independent.
- People fall for different reasons – we assess your needs and design an individualized programme.
- We will work with you to tailor the exercises and to ensure your individual benefit and progression.
- Optional information sessions will be provided on relevant health education topics.
- At the end of the 12 weeks we will reassess you and then provide advice on what to do next, and provide information about other programmes and services.
- Some time after completing the programme, we will contact you to see how you are getting on and see if you need any further support.
Active Steps aims to reduce your risk of falling by using exercises that work on your balance, strength, stamina, posture, mobility and coordination. It helps you stay active and improves your confidence and independence.
When you start the programme you will fill in a questionnaire to help assess your suitability and needs. We then work with you to tailor the exercises to your needs.
Please note: if you have any medical conditions or are new to exercise, it is advisable to seek advice from your GP prior to starting. For first time attendees it is advisable to arrive 10 to 15 minutes before the session to have a chat with the instructor and fill in the necessary health questionnaire. The classes normally last around one hour, and can be done seated or standing depending on current mobility levels. Maximum numbers per session apply. For more information on venues available, or if you are unsure if you are suitable please contact The Falls Prevention Physical Activity Team on 01922 652911.