This bibliography has been compiled from the catalogue of the specialist library collection at Walsall Leather Museum.
The collection is available for reference use on most weekdays, by prior appointments.
We are unable to lend books from the collection, but most of the titles listed here should be available from public libraries in the U.K., through the inter-library loans system.
Items marked with an asterisk are those which we have found to be particularly useful as good introductions to the subject.
- Leather: Reference and General Works
- History of Tanning and Currying
- The Craft of the Tanner and Currier
- The History of the Saddlery and Harness Trades
- Making Saddlery and Harness
- The Evolution of Saddles
- Costume Accessories
- Gloves and Glovemaking
- History of the Leathergoods Industry
- Bookbinding Techniques
- The History of Bookbindings
- The History of Shoes and Shoemaking
- Making Boots and Shoes
- Miscellaneous Leather Products and Crafts
- Leather Conservation
© Walsall Leather Museum, Walsall Council
Walsall Leather Museum
Littleton Street West