Homebreadcrumb separatorHealth and social carebreadcrumb separatorAdult social carebreadcrumb separatorDo you need help or already receiving our help?breadcrumb separatorHow to pay for your care

How to pay for your care

How to pay for your care
This page explains the different ways people may have to pay for the care and support they need.  Most people who receive care and support from social services will be asked to pay something towards their care and support.
Those who choose to self fund their care and support or have capital and savings above  £23,250 will pay the full cost of their care. For More information about this and how to get financial information and advice please see our fact sheet
Where people have community based services like day care, home care, community alarms service and they will be subject to the Social Care Community Based Contributions Policy. Please see our fact sheet
For further information please see some frequently asked questions below
If you would like information about other services and support available in the community, take a look at our web directory
The councils Assisted Transport policy states that service users should meet their transport costs through their own personal resources.  This is based on the view that transport costs are an everyday expense for everyone.

Funding for transport is now only provided by the council in exceptional circumstances following an assessment of a person’s needs and an agreement as to how these needs will be met.  


Contact us
For any queries about charges for services please contact:
Financial Administration / Social Care Team
Corporate Finance
3rd Floor Civic Centre Zone 3H
Darwall Street
Telephone 01922 652242

Minicom 01922 652715
To get help finding out what benefits you may be entitled to you can contact:
Welfare Rights Service
First floor, Civic Centre
Darwall Street,
Telephone 01922 652250
Fax: 01922 653999
For any other queries or if you would like this information in another format or language contact us on:
Contact us
If you feel that you or someone you know needs social care assistance, please use the following details for all adult social care queries:
·Telephone 0300 555 2922
·Fax 01543 372947
·SMS text 07834 114482
·Address Walsall MBC, Adult Social Care, 3rd Floor, Zone 3D, Civic Centre, Darwall Street, Walsall, WS1 1TP
·Email initialintake@walsall.gov.uk