Coronavirus: Latest information and advice 

Homebreadcrumb separatorHousingbreadcrumb separatorFinding a homebreadcrumb separatorHousing advice for young people

Housing advice for young people

If you are single and homeless or threatened with homelessness between the ages of:


  • 16-29 years or a
  • Care leaver moving on from – looked after, accommodated or fostered care (via Children Services)

You can contact us for advice and support to help you remain in your current home or help to find alternative accommodation. 

If you are eligible, we will work closely with you to create a personalised housing plan (PHP) to identify your housing and support needs.  The plan will specify the reasonable or recommended steps to help you resolve your current housing issue.   

Where you require additional assistance due to your care and supports needs.  We will complete a joint assessment with Children’s Services to find the best solution that meets your needs.  

If you do qualify for supported housing, we work in partnership with local supported housing providers St Basils and WHG to ensure you gain the skills and knowledge to live independently.

The type of accommodation offered could be:

  • Host family/supported lodgings.
  • Flat share
  • Self-contained flat


Training & Employment

We can also make a referral to Black Country Impact.

They will:

  • Help you find a job
  • Support you to find a college or further education course
  • Offer training to help develop the skills you need.