Homebreadcrumb separatorBusinessbreadcrumb separatorLicensing and Regulationbreadcrumb separatorCharity Collectionsbreadcrumb separatorHouse to House Collections

House to House Collections

Any person making an appeal to the public, by way of visits from house to house, to give money or other property, will require a permit from the council to do so unless the charity holds an exemption certificate issued by the home office.
A permit can be granted for a period of up to 12 months and can be issued on a boroughwide basis.
Collection dates can be provisionally booked by telephone, however these dates will only be reserved for 14 days. If an application form and relevant documents are not received within this time, the booking may be re-allocated to another organisation.
There is no fee payable for a permit; however collectors are required to purchase and wear a badge issued by HMSO.
If you wish to apply for a permit, an application should be made to the council no later than 28 days before the collection is due to take place.

How to apply

Our application form can be downloaded by clicking the link below.

Apply Online

Contact Us

Licensing Unit
Walsall Council
Civic Centre
Darwall Street
Walsall WS1 1TP

Telephone 01922 653050
Email Licensing@walsall.gov.uk