The Local Offer
This is our ‘Local Offer’ for children and young people with SEND and their families. The ‘Local Offer’ sets out the support across education, social care and health at different levels of need for for local children and young people with special educational needs and/or disability (SEND), including for those who do not have Education, Health and Care (EHC) Plans. This includes:
- support available to all children and young people with SEN or disabilities such as schools and GPs - ‘universal services’.
- additional short-term support over and above that provided routinely as part of universal services for children and young people with SEN or disabilities -- ‘targeted services’.
- specialised, longer term support - for children and young people with SEN or disabilities who more than targeted services -- ‘specialist services’.
Our Local Offer has two key purposes:
- To provide clear, accessible and up-to-date information to help families, children and young people to know what provision is avilable and how to acess it.
- To make provision more responsive to local needs and aspirations by directly involving disabled children and those with SEN and their parents, and disabled young people and those with SEN, and service providers in its development and review.
The way in which we develop our Local Offer is important. We are aiming to make it more than simply a directory of services and want it to be the outcome of working together-‘co-production’ - with our local SEND community of children, young people and families. We are currently stepping up our engagement with our community and professionals to review and refresh our local offer.
We are currently developing a new Local Offer website, in the meantime, please use the link below to access the current site.
For Walsall's SEND Local Offer please click the below link: