The UK Government is committed to do all it can to support businesses through this period of disruption caused by COVID-19.
You can access information via the website of the Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy.
The council's Employment Growth Team provide support and advice to Walsall businesses. Please visit the team's Coronavirus Business Support News for the latest information.
You can follow the team on Twitter (@B2BWalsall) and Linkedin (Walsall Council Employment Growth Team).
Money Home Job - support for residents
There is a range of support to help Walsall residents deal with the impact of coronavirus.
We’ve brought together information and useful links on the page Help and Support for Walsall Residents.
UK Government guidance and support
Read the government guidance for employers and businesses.
This central government guidance also provides details of support available to businesses including:
- a Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme
- deferring VAT and Income Tax payments
- statutory sick pay relief package for small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs)
- a 12-month business rates holiday for all retail, hospitality, leisure and nursery businesses in England
- small business grant funding of £10,000 for all business in receipt of small business rate relief or rural rate relief
- grant funding of £25,000 for retail, hospitality and leisure businesses with property with a rateable value between £15,000 and £51,000
- the Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme to support long-term viable businesses who may need to respond to cash-flow pressures by seeking additional finance
- a new lending facility from the Bank of England to help support liquidity among larger firms, helping them bridge coronavirus disruption to their cash flows through loans
- the HMRC Time To Pay Scheme to help with tax.