Homebreadcrumb separatorHousingbreadcrumb separatorHousing complaints and comments

Housing complaints and comments

Housing Advice
Housing association tenants
If you are a housing association tenant and want to make a complaint or comment to your landlord, please contact your landlord direct in the first instance. If you have exhausted the complaints procedure you are entitled to contact a designated person who will review your complaint. As part of the Localism Act 2011 designated persons were introduced by the Government. This is to improve the chances of complaints about housing being resolved locally and to involve local politicians and local people in resolving local housing issues. A designated person is a Councillor, Member of Parliament (MP) or Tenant panel who has registered with the Housing Ombudsmen. Further details on the procedure is available on the
Housing Ombudsmen website
Tenants of privately rented accommodation
If you rent your home from a private landlord and have a dispute with him or her, you should contact them in the first instance.
If you are not satisfied with their response, you should contact our Housing Standards and Improvement Service for advice.
Homeowners – complaints about mortgage lenders
If you own your home and have a complaint about your mortgage lender, you should contact them direct in the first instance. If you are not satisfied with their reply, visit the
Financial Conduct Authority website
to find out how to make a complaint.
For general information on how mortgages are regulated and how complaints about mortgages can be made, please visit our
mortgages page
For help with making complaints and for general housing advice
Shelter provides general consumer advice to help with the most common enquires around the following areas
Arrears and repossession
Complaints and the Mortgage Code
Home buying and mortgages
Protecting mortgage repayments
If you would like to contact Shelter please visit
Shelter's advice pages for housing
For advice, or assistance about any aspect of housing, the Citizens’ Advice Bureau offers free, confidential, impartial and independent advice. Advisors can help fill out forms, write letters negotiate with creditors and represent you at court or tribunal. For more information about the
Citizen's Advice Bureau
please visit the Walsall
CAB addresses and opening times