Coronavirus: Latest information and advice 

Homebreadcrumb separatorAbout the Councilbreadcrumb separatorDemocracybreadcrumb separatorCouncillorsbreadcrumb separatorComplain about an elected member

Complain about an elected member

Under the Localism Act 2011, the Council has adopted a local Code of Conduct for Members and Co-opted Members along with arrangements for dealing with complaints.  The Council’s Monitoring Officer will initially assess allegations against elected or co-opted members for breach of the Council’s Code of Conduct for Members. 

Accordingly, if anyone wants to complain about the conduct of a member of the Council, s/he must submit a complaint, in writing, to the address shown below.

Please ensure that you read all the information before you submit a complaint. The Monitoring Officer can only deal with complaints about the alleged behaviour and conduct of a Member.  He will not deal with complaints about any of the Council’s directorates, or matters not covered by the Council’s Code of Conduct. A copy of the Code of Conduct for Members is included in the documents below.
If you want to make a complaint against any member of the Council, you will have to complete the necessary Complaint Form and provide relevant evidence to substantiate your allegation(s). The Form is available from the Monitoring Officer or at the link below. 
Once you have completed the form you must return it to:-
Contact us
The Monitoring Officer
Legal and Democratic Services
Walsall Council
Town Hall
Darwall Street
Tel: 01922 653500