Coronavirus: Latest information and advice 

Homebreadcrumb separatorPlanning and Building Controlbreadcrumb separatorBuilding Controlbreadcrumb separatorCompetent Persons

Competent Persons

Many jobs in the home need to be notified to and approved as being compliant with Building Regulations by a Building Control Body, either your Local Authority Building Control (Walsall Council) or a private sector Approved Inspector, unless carried out by installers registered with a Competent Person Scheme who can self certify that their work is compliant.
Find a Competent Person
Competent Persons Register Logo
Competent Person Schemes (CPS) were introduced by the UK Government to allow individuals andenterprises to self-certify that their work complies with the Building Regulations as an alternative to submitting a building notice or using an approved inspector.
Visit the Competent Persons Register website
Find Works Completed By a Competent Person
An installer registered with a Competent Person Scheme is qualified to carry out specific types of work in accordance with Building Regulations and should both notify the local authority of the work and issue you a certificate of compliance with Building Regulations either directly or through their scheme operator.
View the register of works completed below.