Walsall Right 4 Children Holiday Programme needs volunteers - can you help?
Walsall Holiday Activity and Food programme is aiming to support approximately 14,000 children (eligible for free school meals) in four localities across the Borough to access activities and food provision over the summer holidays.
The project is co-ordinated by Walsall Council and delivered with a range of partners across the Borough.
We need volunteers to help with a range of activities to ensure we can deliver the best holidays to some of our most vulnerable children this summer. Can you help?
What can you do?
We need volunteers to help us:
- pack food and activity packs
- deliver food and activity packs– to a family’s home or to collection locations
- deliver fun and enriching activities to children across the Borough (DBS checks needed for this role)
- promote uptake and engagement with the activities across the Borough (this may be through presentations at school assemblies, or by making telephone calls to remind parents of activities and how to sign up)
We will offer flexible volunteering opportunities, and you can commit to as much as you can depending your circumstances and your skills.
If you are interested please email email@example.com
What you can expect from us
We will support you in your role by:
- applying and paying for DBS checks (where this is required)
- paying pre-agreed out-of-pocket expenses
- providing full training
- providing ongoing support
You can find more information on the Holiday Activity and Food programme on gov.uk.