This is a new service - your feedback will help us to improve it.

Education and learning

Walsall is an inclusive authority. This means that most children with special educational needs and or disabilities (SEND), including those with an Education Health and Care (EHC) plan, will have their needs met at their local mainstream school.

Every child or young person with SEND should get SEND support. This means help that is additional or different from the support generally given to other children or young people of the same age.

Getting the right support in school or college is very important for all children and young people so that they can prepare for their life as an adult. Preparing for Adulthood (PfA) outcomes support children and young people with SEND from the earliest years to have equal life chances in:

  • education and employment
  • independent living
  • friendships, relationships and community inclusion
  • maintaining good health

Some children and young people will require more specialist help and support. This may mean they need an EHC plan in order to access a mainstream setting.

For a small number of children, a mainstream setting might not be the most appropriate placement to meet their special educational needs. If this is the case a more specialist placement will be required.

Find a school

The Where I Live function on the Council homepage shows you the closest facilities to your home.  

You can search for your house by postcode.  When you've found it, select 'My Nearest' then 'Education and Learning' to see a list of schools closest to you.

You can find full contact details for Walsall schools, including the names of headteachers and office managers, in the education directory.

There's also a list of local schools and colleges for 14-19 year olds.

To Compare the performance of all schools and colleges in Walsall you can find the data on the Government's Find and Compare Schools in England website.

Learn more about school term times, admissions and school dates.

Learn more about independent schools for pupils with special education needs (including those approved under section 41 of the Children and Families Act).