Coronavirus: Latest information and advice 

Homebreadcrumb separatorBirths, Marriages and Deathsbreadcrumb separatorRegistration Servicesbreadcrumb separatorCertificates


We hold records for births, deaths, marriages and civil partnerships that were registered in Walsall from 1837 to the present day.

Certificates for births, deaths, marriages and civil partnerships in Walsall 

Certificates for events outside of Walsall area


Obtaining copies of divorces (Decree Absolutes)

Adoption certificates

Family history



If the event took place in the Walsall Borough you can apply to us for a certificate. We hold registers for births, marriages, civil partnerships and deaths. For events that took place elsewhere, you need to apply to the relevant register office.

A full birth certificate shows all the information contained in the birth record, including parents details and is the type most often requested.

To order a certificate you need to know the:

  • person’s full name at birth
  • date of birth
  • place of birth
  • parents full name(s), including mother’s maiden name

Order a Certificate 

You can order certificates online for events that took place in Walsall.

Contact the register office that covers the area where the event occurred.

Payments can be made by credit or debit card. See Registration Services Fees for details of costs relating to certificates.

Obtaining copies of divorces (Decree Absolutes)

Register offices do not hold records of UK divorces. Please visit GOV.UK for further information on how to obtain a copy of a UK divorce.


Visit the website for the General Register Office if you require information on the adopted children's register for England and Wales. If you have been legally adopted through a court, the adoption certificate is the document required for all official purposes in place of a birth certificate.


Visit our Archives and Local History page for more family history resources.


To apply for a correction you must submit supporting documents showing the error along with the correct application form. Applications should be made via the register office. The forms for corrections can be found on GOV.UK .