This is a new service - your feedback will help us to improve it.

Making changes to a birth registration

Correct a birth registration

To apply for a correction you must submit:

  • supporting documents showing the error
  • the correct application form

You can fill in the birth registration correction form on the government's website. Contact us to submit your application.

Re-register a birth after a marriage or civil partnership

If you are the natural parents of a child and want to re-register a birth after getting married or forming a civil partnership, you will both need to complete the re-registration form on the government's website. Send this form to us, along with any original certificates. We'll then contact you to make an appointment. You'll need to bring your marriage certificate to your appointment.