This is a new service - your feedback will help us to improve it.

Request a new, replacement or bigger bin

Bigger bins

We may exchange your bin for a larger one free of charge if you have:

  • four or more permanent and full-time residents in your household
  • three people living at the property including a child under the age of three
  • shared parental responsibility for a child or children which increases the number of residents to four or more
  • two or more children under the age of three permanently living at your address

The size of the bins you will be given are as follows:

Bigger bin sizes
Number of occupants  Grey bin size Green bin size

Properties with four or five occupants

 240 litre grey bin

240 litre green bin

Properties with six or more occupants

 240 litre grey bin

360 litre green bin

In exceptional circumstances a 360 litre grey bin may be issued for very large families. Such applications are considered on a case by case basis.

The council does not offer a bigger brown bin. The standard size of a brown bin is 240L.

If you are unable to use the online form, you can print out the form below and mail it to us.

Apply for a bigger bin (Printable PDF)

New or replacement bins

You may want to order a bin if:

  • your bin is damaged
  • your bin has been stolen or gone missing 
  • you have moved into another home and do not have any bins

There is a charge for replacement bins, unless:

  • the bin is being exchanged for a bigger bin because you qualify as a larger family
  • the bin is reported as damaged by Walsall Council operatives 
  • it is the first bin allocated as part of any service change
New or replacement bin charges
Wheeled bins

 140 litre grey bin (standard)


 240 litre grey, brown or green bin (large)


 360 litre grey or green bin (very large)


You can order and pay for a new or replacement wheeled bin by calling us.  You cannot purchase a replacement or new bin that is bigger than that allocated to your property.

Damaged bins

If your bin is damaged you may not need to replace it.  We can often repair damaged bin lids or wheels free of charge. Contact us for more information.