Fryers Road and Merchants Way Household Waste and Recycling Centres are both currently unable to accept items of hazardous waste. Please check the Household Waste and Recycling Centres web page for a list of waste types currently accepted at Walsall's tips.
Hazardous household waste is items such as:
- paint or any other solvents
- pesticides and garden chemicals
- liquid chemicals such as bleach and cleaners
- gas bottles
- fluorescent lighting tubes
- electrical items operated by a plug or batteries
- car batteries and engine oil
You cannot dispose of hazardous waste in your general household waste bins. Small quantities of hazardous waste can be taken to one of the household waste recycling centres
Disposing of asbestos
The disposal of asbestos waste is strictly controlled.
Please note that asbestos bags and disposal permits are not currently available.
If you are a resident of Walsall and need to dispose of asbestos from your home you will need to obtain a permit and purchase specialist disposal bags from us. These are available from Clean and Green Services, Environmental Depot, 200 Pelsall Road, Brownhills, WS8 7EN. The asbestos must be ‘double bagged’ in a red bag and placed inside a clear bag. The bags are 219cm x 125cm in size and cost £5.00 for a pair.
- The permit enables you to take the asbestos to Fryers Road Household Waste Recycling Centre in Bloxwich.
- Permits will only be issued to the resident of the address where the asbestos originates.
- Permits cannot be issued to contractors or traders carrying out work on your behalf.
- Proof of residency such as a driving license or council tax bill will be required.
- Details of the vehicle that will be used to transport the asbestos will be required.
- Contractors or traders cannot take the asbestos to Fryers Road HWRC on your behalf.
- The household waste recycling centre will only accept correctly bagged material accompanied by a valid permit.