Homebreadcrumb separatorBinsbreadcrumb separatorAssistance with your bin collectionsbreadcrumb separatorNeed help moving your wheeled bin

Need help moving your wheeled bin

You may be eligible for an assisted collection If you are elderly, infirm or disabled, and do not have anyone to help you move your bin to the border of your property.

We assess all requests on an individual basis and may need to arrange to visit you. In the first instance you will need to complete and sign an application form and return it to us. If we do need to visit you, we will arrange to do so at a mutually convenient time. The visit will be to assess the number of persons living at the property, their ages and physical condition. We will also look at where the bins  will be left for collection.

Any information you provide to us will be kept confidentially. The waste collection crew will not know the reason for the assisted collection at your property.

We will make a decision as soon as possible and write to you with the outcome. If your request is granted it will be for a period of up to 3 years. You will receive a reminder before your service expires and if you fail to reapply for your assisted collection then the service will stop.

You are required to tell us if you no longer qualify for help, for example if your health improves, another adult moves into the property or a child living at the property comes of age.

If you have any difficulty completing the form and have no-one who can help you, please contact us on 01922 653344 or call into the First Stop Shop at the Civic Centre