This is a new service - your feedback will help us to improve it.

Help with bills and debt

The support you can get to help pay your bills and top up your income if you’re a resident of Walsall Borough.

Help with buying food and essentials for your home

You may want to:

Help to keep your home warm

You can:

There is help with heating costs on the government's website:

Support if you’re pregnant or have a child under 4

Support if you have a child over 4

You can:

If you're eligible, you can also:

Help to pay your rent

To help pay your rent, you can:

You may be eligible for benefits from the government. Their website will tell you all about:

Reduce your council tax

You can:

The council tax reduction (CTR) scheme has changed. You may be able to get hardship support if the changes mean that you are worse off.

Water discounts and services

Find out about

SSW community hub can make sure you get extra help when you need it. You can also compare their tariffs to see what's right for you.

If you're having money problems, you can apply to the SSW Charitable Trust. They may be able to help towards the cost of your water bill.

If you're a care leaver, you can get a discounted tariff from SSW.

Help if you’re homeless, or at risk of becoming homeless

Our Housing Team can offer help and support to you. You can contact us by email or you can phone us.

Find out more about:

If you want to help someone who is sleeping rough, you can get in touch with StreetLink.

Financial help and benefits from the government

Advice with debt and managing your money

If your debts are getting out of control, we can help. Email our debt referral team.

There are lots of organisations outside of the council that will help you too.

Breathing Space

This free scheme could give you up to 60 days space from creditors. StepChange can help you to apply.

Debt advice

Help with managing your money

Mental health and wellbeing support