£1.9M Black Country ESF Call: Support for the Unemployed
The Skills Funding Agency published a new European Social Fund call for the Black Country: Access to Employment – Support for the Unemployed. £1,900,000 is available for the period from August 2016 to March 2018. This may be increased if additional funding becomes available.
The aim of the call is to provide bespoke support and training for the unemployed and those economically inactive and seeking a return to the labour market but facing skills related barriers to entering the labour market. The Services must be available across the whole of the Black Country LEP area.
The Services should deliver a range of bespoke interventions and meaningful support and opportunities for unemployed individuals to enter work, education or apprenticeships. This can include:
• Pre-recruitment support
• Job search advice, CV writing, interview techniques
• After-care job coaches and mentors
• Self-employment advice
The Services must target beneficiaries who are unemployed and economically inactive residents aged 18 years and above who are from the hardest to reach groups and face difficulty accessing mainstream services, including:
• People with disabilities
• BME groups
• People with health conditions
• Lone parents
• People aged over 50
The Services should focus on Black Country transformational growth sectors and local growth clusters however this is not restrictive.
Black Country transformational growth sectors:
• Advanced Manufacturing, including Engineering, Logistics and Food and Drink
• Building Technologies/Construction
• Transport technologies, including aerospace and automotive
• Business Services
• Environmental technologies, as a cross cutting theme across the above sectors.
Local growth clusters:
• Dudley- Visitor Economy
• Sandwell- Food and food technology
• Walsall- Health and Social Care
• Wolverhampton- Creative and cultural industries
You can find the specification and associated documents on contracts finder.
Please note that this invitation to tender is by invite only via the Skills Funding Agency E-Bravo Portal, and is not an open call to all candidates.