Homebreadcrumb separatorCommunity and livingbreadcrumb separatorBenefits


Walsall Council responsibility

Walsall Council is responsible for dealing with:
We do not deal with applications for Income Support or Job Seekers Allowance– these are dealt with by the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) or your local Jobcentre.
We are committed to providing a quality service to our customers, both claimants and landlords.
The benefits service promotes take up and delivers the council tax reduction, housing benefit and free school meals service. We also provide advice and information on the range of welfare benefits to maximise the take up of benefits by the citizens of Walsall.

Claiming benefit and reporting changes


A Guide to Welfare Reforms

Contact us

Benefit Services
Walsall Council
Civic Centre
Darwall Street
West Midlands
Telephone 0300 555 2855 for enquiries, to make a claim /report a change
Telephone 01922 652396 for enquiries about housing benefit overpayments
TextBox 01922 654000
Email BenefitsService@walsall.gov.uk